How Do I Register to Vote?
Registering to vote is easy.
- You must provide your Montana driver’s license or Montana ID number when you register. If you do not have a Montana driver’s license, you will need to provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If you have neither number, you will need to provide another form of identification.
- You will need to provide a residence address or specific geographic location information from which your residence address may be determined. The residence address must be in the county in which you are registering.
- The deadline for regular registration is 30 days before any election. If you miss that deadline, you can still register and vote in the election by late registering at your county election office.
- Once you've registered, you'll get a voter confirmation notice from your county election office verifying your registration and telling you which precinct and which polling place you vote in.
Where Do I Vote?
- For primary (June) and general (November) elections, voters living in Rocker, Ramsay, Divide, or Melrose will vote in their respective city.
- In Butte, voting takes place at the Civic Center.
- Voters living outside of the city limits who are unsure what precinct they are in should check with the Clerk & Recorder's Office to see where they should vote. They can be reached at 406-497-6344
- For information on obtaining an absentee ballot or precinct information, please call the Clerk and Recorders Office at 406-497-6344.
What Precinct Am I In?
- Precincts 1 through 25 vote at the Butte Civic Center
- Precincts 26E and 26W vote in Rocker
- Precincts 27N and 27S vote in Ramsay
- Precinct 28 votes in Divide
- Precinct 29 votes in Melrose
When Can I Vote?
- Civic Center and Ramsay polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
- Rocker, Divide, and Melrose polls open at noon and close at 8 p.m.
- You may vote in person at the Silver Bow Country Courthouse up to 30 days prior to the election.